Tuesday, January 6, 2009

31wks, 1day

Okay, the quality and lighting isn't great but it's something. I'll try to get others up here, too (Esther, when you get yours loaded, send me copies, please).

As for a health update, stretch marks are, well, stretching. It's not too bad but there are more every day. I need extra rest and aim for 9-10 hours a night. I eat a lot but thanks to my mom's help and all the delicious fruits and vegetables that are in season now (artichoke, avocado, citrus, etc.) I eat pretty healthily (well, other than the instant soups I drink at work...but at least that counts towards my daily liquid ingestion and boy, do I drink a lot of water a day!). I haven't been having much in the way of back or leg pain lately, though my body is more tense than usual from the effort of carrying around all of this. My weight gain lately has been a steady pound a week and the twins are on perfect target weight and size-wise for their gestational age. My blood pressure continues to be great. I try to stay as active as possible which gets harder day by day but still allows me to take short walks and of course I climb the stairs to my apartment every day, sometimes twice a day. I still go to work every day and have no intention of stopping that any time soon, though I do get worn out more easily by the end of the day. I've been experiencing some swelling in my hands and feet lately but that's pretty much to be expected. One side effect is carpal tunnel which isn't fun but isn't all that awful.

As for plans, we've registered at Hadassah Mount Scopus hospital for the birth. Our childbirth classes start on Sunday. This afternoon we're going to the baby supply store to make a final selection on some of the things we'll be ordering and getting the nursery set up (well, at least getting rid of all the crap that's currently being haphazardly stored in there, at least enough so that we can paint) is our next big home improvement job, along with getting security bars installed on the porch door.

So that's the update. Enjoy the pictures!



2 comments:

sproutsimma said...

you look great sweetie!

Yaffa said...

It took me a second to figure out who sprout simma was...but then I got it. Cute log in, babe :) And thanks...my ginormous belly scares small children in the street but thank you :)