Tuesday, February 10, 2009

36wks, 1day

This cold is still going awfully strong. I'm not getting much sleep at nights which I'm sure isn't helping. It's just so hard to sleep when you wake up coughing every hour, not to mention the challenges of merely falling asleep in the first place.

My parents came by today to help us get cleaning done. I couldn't do much more than sit on the couch and direct people, but still we were able to get a ton done. Unfortunately cleaning had long ago taken a back seat to other priorities, like me spending every last ounce of energy (from what little energy a woman nine months pregnant with twins has as is) at work and Shawn busy with the end of his semester while holding down two part-time jobs. But it's really great to have this help now and to get things done in order to not come home from the hospital to a complete mess (it's bad enough we won't have time or energy left to clean after the kids arrive. At least now we can start off with a clean slate...well, er, clean apartment).

Unfortunately the electrician, who was supposed to come first thing this morning, never showed up, so we didn't get any of the bedroom ceiling fans installed nor the wall-mounted heating unit for the nursery. These are things we really need to do before the birth and time is quickly running out.

Anyhow, that's that. I go back to the hospital tomorrow morning for more tests and observation and really really hope they say I'm good enough to go back home for the weekend, though I guess there's always the chance they might decide to keep me there or, worse, induce me (not that I'd mind getting these babies out already, but I really want this darn cold to leave my body first).

Any home remedy suggestions? I'm already drinking tons of soup, staying very hydrated with lots of water, drinking plenty of hot water too with honey and lemon, and gargling warm salt water. Oh, and ice cream, for when I need something to cool the burning left in my throat from all the coughing (I love it that my lactose intolerance has disappeared during the pregnancy...I'll be sad when that comes back).

No comments: