Sunday, October 5, 2008

17wks, 6days

In his own blog, Shawn recently wrote about the baby books we've been reading. We're mostly reading up on pregnancy stuff, not so much the actual baby stuff, since I find all that incredibly frustrating since of course there are going to be a million different conflicting opinions on what is best for you and your baby and frankly, we'd rather just learn ourselves what's best for us. After all, every family and every baby is unique.

Sure we bought a baby 911 book, to have a reference guide in case of emergencies, and actually one or two of the twin books we got are incredibly helpful with some advice since there are certain things only other twin mommies can help you with (and it's not the stuff the other books have like feeding and changing info that I care about, it's the practical stuff like how to run errands with a double stroller).

As for the pregnancy books themselves, we bought a bunch as soon as I knew I was pregnant. Unfortunately we didn't wait long enough to find out about the double trouble bundles of joy. Once you find out you have two (or more) babies on board, pretty much all the advice that pregnancy books have to offer goes out the window. Sure it's helpful for all pregnant women to know worsening eye sight, bleeding gums, and dizziness as you accommodate to a new center of gravity are to be expected, but I don't match the week-by-week schedules at all.

Unfortunately I also can't seem to find a Twins Club in Israel (anyone know of one?) so it seems I am largely on my own. Not that I've ever had a regular, singleton pregnancy, but it's incredible how much already seems to be different from a "normal" pregnancy, and I can only begin to imagine how different child rearing will be.

On a final note, as of tomorrow I'll be at week 18. Since twins are considered term at 36.5 weeks, I am just about at the halfway point!

Oh, ultrasound pics to be up later tonight or tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how fast the time seems to go when you're pregnant as opposed to how slow it seem to crawl when you're going for cycle after cycle of treatments.

Have you sent an email to Janglo looking for a Twin Club?