Thursday, October 2, 2008

17wks, 3days

I've been feeling what I assume is round ligament pains lately, nothing major but I feel it when I exert myself, and the list of things my body considered exerting is steadily growing, though it depends of the day. Some days exertion means getting out of bed, which can leave me breathless. Walking long distances is definitely tiring, and running, even short distances such as to catch the bus, is long a thing of the past.

I'm not feeling the same exhaustion I was experiencing the first trimester, but I do feel another kind of tiredness. I just seem to need a lot more sleep in order to be well rested, though I don't need to nap in the middle of the day or even just lay in bed for an hour after work as I used to.

None of these things bother me really, I feel more like I am a scientist, approaching this experience of pregnancy with an open mind and carefully keeping track of the changes and how I have been feeling. I find it curious and interesting. I think Shawn gets frustrated at times when I seem so surprised at having to get up for the third time in one night to pee, or when I discover yet another shirt that doesn't fit. Yes none of these things really surprises me, I know what pregnancy does and what to expect, but at the same time watching it unfold, feeling it happening inside me is such a new, strange thing. I think I am also hyper aware because nothing in life really prepared me for a twin pregnancy (though I think in some small way I was expecting it). With twins much of what the pregnancy books have to say is useless. I'm in my fifth month and so should be urinating less frequently? HAH! I spend more time in the bathroom than in my bedroom. I probably won't "pop" till week 20 since this is my first pregnancy? Hah, I wore a maternity dress to my sister's wedding and that was almost three weeks ago.

Anyhow, it's pushing 9:30 and I am exhausted so I am going to sign off and go to bed (don't have a heart attack mom! My days of staying up till 2am are long gone).

No comments: