Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Marvelous, marvelous girls

My daughters are incredible. Not that I am biased or anything. but each and every day I am blown away by their awesomeness.

Last night after gan Bracha came home with Shawn and Eli and I walked, hand in hand, to the supermarket. She was an absolute pleasure to be with. She helped me remember the shopping list, asked questions about what we were buying, helped me load the shopping cart and carry the groceries home. On the way upstairs she said we should pretend to be Barney characters.

E: Eli be Baby Bop, ima be Barney, Bracha be BJ.
Me: What about abba?
E: Oh, what about abba?
Me: Abba can be Barney.
E: But what about ima?
Me: I can just be your friend.
E: Ima be Baby Bop with Eli. We be Baby Bop together!

Today after gan I took the girls to the gymboree where they played so very nicely, I was so proud of them. They were happy and friendly and shared and cleaned up after themselves. Eli loves baseball so one of our favorite games is she takes a small plastic bat they have there and I pitch and she hits quite well. The girls ate tons of macaroni and cheese (baby Bop's favorite food!) and afterwards we went to run errands and they were such good listeners.

When we got home they played with their kitchen for a bit (they play with it every morning and evening! Best toy ever! Again no bias of course) and had a snack of peanuts (halved, of course). They were so well behaved and were having so much fun playing I pushed bedtime off an hour but when Shawn finally got them into PJs and I asked Eli what time it was she calmly answered bed time but when I said I would take them to bed she told me no! I can't believe it but the girls put themselves to bed tonight! They kissed me good night in the living room, where we said Shema together, then they took themselves off to their room, got into their beds, and went to sleep all by themselves!

Where did my babies go!?!

No comments: