Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Me woman! Me strong! Me build hut!

This morning began early with errands to the supermarket, kolbo (a type of store that sells everything from art supplies to men's underwear to patio furniture. The name means literally "everything in it"), and the hardware store. The mission: to buy missing ingredients for our sukkah and our meals. Outcome: successful. The sukkah is up, built by yours truly. Since the kids helped pick the decorations there are sparkly blue butterflies (mom, those are for you. They're out tinsel this year in your honor) and heart-shaped christmas lights. I'll put pictures up soon.

In other news, Eliana is finally getting over her yuckiness, which she caught from her sister, who is all better. Shawn is sick now and since he wallows in it I'm sure his will last longer than the girls' 48/24 hr colds. But we're all home for the next week and a half so he has time. But what I really want to share with you is how hilarious Eli is.

When the girls are sick they get either baby tylenol or baby ibuprofen. We have both meds in two forms: oral, which we call mouth medicine, or suppositories, which we call tushie medicine. I know it's not nice to think of but the girls have a bad tendency to get so upset when being given meds that they make themselves throw up. I know the tushie medicine doesn't feel good going in but it's quick and when it's done it's done. Obviously they don't like it, Eli even guilts me by telling me, in tears, that it hurts her (which I am sure it isn't comfortable but I do get her lubed up and am very gentle, not to mention she has poop pieces like five times the size of the suppository, so I doubt she's in that much pain from it). Anyhow, in addition to telling me it hurts ("Hurts me, Ima!") she outright lies and tries to weasel her way out of meds and I find it so funny!!!

Case in point: when she was first sick and woke up in the middle of the night burning up I pulled out the tushie medicine and when her crying about it didn't stopped me she decided to change tactics and suddenly sat up, broke into a huge grin, and said, "All better, Ima!" Well, poor girl, I didn't fall for it, so the next day when I again was about to give her another dose she said, "Give Bracha instead, Ima!" I wonder what Bracha would have to say about that?!

Oh my lord that child is funny!!

Speaking of tushies, Eliana pooped in the potty for the first time on Monday!!

Sorry for all the tushie talk. Chag sameach, everyone!

No comments: