Thursday, September 1, 2011

First day of gan! (aka, I'm FREEEEEEEE!)

The girls are in gan *happy dance* the girls are in gan *happy dance*

Oh, no, don't get me wrong, I'm very sad and miss them very much!

NOT!

Oh my gosh this is wonderful! Well, today was only two hours but still. Shawn took them in and I got to sleep in while home alone in my quiet apartment. I didn't wake up until nearly ten. How awesome is that?!!! The last couple of weeks of getting everything ready for them has been hard but now that we're finally here I am just so happy, I am just so READY for this stage in life to begin! I know it'll end the moment we have more kids but with everything going on with Shawn right now, more kids are not about to happen any time soon. But instead of being sad about that I am just going to enjoy this new stage in my life. I never thought about the freedom their going to school would afford me until this summer and now that, at they say in Hebrew, nafal ha-asimon, I'm just so glad that not only are they going somewhere where they can play with other kids, meet new people, and have fun exciting adventures with new toys, but that I also get that time off. That I'm not just handing the kids to a sitter and feeling guilty for every moment I'm not with them. Instead this is a natural progression for them, time away from home to get what I can't offer them and all in preparation for the upcoming age when school in mandatory. Meanwhile I get to be at home, guilt free, doing my artwork. Life is good.

Enjoy the pictures in the next post!

No comments: