Thursday, September 22, 2011

A day in the life of a working mother of twins

But first...

Gratuitous cuteness, just because.

This morning started off with Bracha waking up at 5:30am and climbing out of her own bed and into mine. I was too tired to object so she snuggled up for about 20 minutes before she had enough and started playing around. 20 minutes after that Shawn finally got up with her, fed her breakfast, and dressed her and her sister when Eli woke up. I got up at 7:30 for sunscreen and hairdos, then got their bags packed, my own packed, and got myself dressed and hustled us all out the door (well, all us girls. Shawn stayed home).

I took the girls to gan (where Eliana has a hard time parting *sad*) then stopped in a cafe for a salad after realizing not only did I not eat before leaving the house, but that I wouldn't be back for 10 more hours (turned out to be even longer). Then I was off to work (salad uneaten) where I saw my first patient of the day before heading off to the dentist (salad still uneaten) where I had a cleaning (hygienist said my teeth look better than she's ever seen them!) and a dental checkup (may have a cavity developing :( but nothing to do about it yet) then I went to the computer shop to hand in my sick (again) laptop, then to the post office to get paperwork for filing an inquiry into a lost piece of registered mail, then (salad still uneaten) to get receipts photocopied for aforementioned inquiry, then to a counseling session with Shawn, then back to work for another patient (salad finally eaten while walking to work from session!), then to gan to pick up the kids (I walked, go me!), then back to the center of town with the kids to bring back the filled out aforementioned inquiry paperwork including the aforementioned photocopies, then to the pharmacy to pick up some dentist-recommended (my dentist, not some TV dentist) Sensodyne toothpaste, then to a bench to change diapers, then the horse park in town with the girls (we planted sticks!), then to watch the trains, then we caught a bus home and, after a quick stop in the downstairs playground we came upstairs and got ready for, and went to, bed. Whew!

I showered and then got online to email my mom and write this out and will soon get some painting down while watching this week's premier of Glee (yay!)

So, that's a day in the life of us!

In honor of tomorrow being Shabbat I am going to share this picture from Friday two weeks ago:


Buying flowers for Shabbat.

And in honor of yesterday being Wednesday I am going to share a picture from a few weeks ago of the girls hanging out with their favorite Wednesday pal, Srulie. Srulie is the same age as the girls and has a one-year-old little sister who are both home all day with their mom so every Wednesday the girls don't go to gan and instead we hang out with Sruelie and his sister and mommy and together we take long walks to awesome playgrounds and music class at Malcha mall and sometimes the zoo.


Eating sambusak with Srulie, our friend!

So that was our day! What did you do today?

No comments: