Tuesday, September 9, 2008

14wks, 1day

Tonight we're leaving for the States (well, technically tomorrow morning). We have a nice long layover in Amsterdam and plan on leaving the airport ti visit the city a bit. Being in my present condition I'm not at liberty to, how shall I put it, partake in one of Amsterdam's most popular pastimes. But it is of no great loss as obviously I would much rather be pregnant and there is so much we plan on doing as is. I found a canal museum tour, a hop-on-hop-off tour of the city going past the major museums with a discount on admission, so likely we'll do that.

I'm feeling good. Tired, but not nearly as exhausted as I was a month ago. Most of all I am very excited for this trip. It serves as a wonderful culmination of all the happy events that have been going on this summer. My sister is finally getting married, Shawn and I are home owners, and I finally get to share the pregnancy with extended family members. It feels great to be off work for two weeks and when I get back the holidays hit so, while it's not great on the wallet, I'll have an irregular schedule till after Succot (which is another vacation since the office is closed during chol hamoed) which will be a nice opportunity to relax.

However, at the moment, we are T minus three hours and twenty minutes away from when our ride to the airport picks us up, and have not yet packed, so there is much I ought to be doing rather than posting here.

Looking forward to seeing many of you soon! Oh, for whom it concerns, we're bringing the ultrasound photos we have to date with us. I'll send them to Toronto with Shawn to show folks there.

No comments: