Friday, September 5, 2008

13wks, 4days

A lot of people have been asking me how I have been feeling. The truth is I've been feeling pretty great. I've been tired much of the time, but the intense insane exhaustion from the first trimester seems to have, for the most part, passed (either that or it's just the adrenaline rush from moving and the upcoming trip that are keeping me going). But even before, when I was so tired, it just made me sleep in (nothing new there. What was new was that I was actually going to bed before midnight). I still managed to keep up with work and packing so I guess it really could have been worse.

As for morning sickness, I suppose I must have been one of those lucky few who avoided it. Sure I got the occasional mild bout of nausea, and I hardly ate much for a couple of months and I hear lack of appetite can be a mild form of morning sickness. I ended up losing 20lbs but as my doctor loved to point out, the fetuses are parasites and will take what they need from me, even if I'm not eating much.

These days though my appetite seems to have returned. I can't eat much in any one sitting but I've learned to carry a snack on me because when I feel hungry, albeit it being satisfied by a mere apple or a couple of crackers, I get ravenous. I also find I feel a lot better when I stay ridiculously well hydrated.

I've had, thank God, no bleeding nor any major cramping. As far as I can tell (and this is just to make you mothers out there insanely jealous) I've been having a pretty great pregnancy. Or maybe I'm just one not to complain, I don't know. What I do know is that I want these babies so badly, there's no point in complaining too much about what is necessary to have them; I expect pregnancy to have its discomforts. I know things will get harder further down the road (do you have any idea how large a twin belly gets?!?! It's like Godzilla!!) so who knows how much complaining I'll do later. But for now I feel pretty darn good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I've been wearing my sea bands almost nonstop since week 4... I keep hoping it will go away with the first trimester.