Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So many updates!

I have been slow to post lately, probably pretty understandable considering what's been going on in our lives lately.

Shawn is doing well. He came home three days after the heart attack but ended up back in the hospital for a couple more days the next week since he was having some very minor pains and they wanted to make sure everything was okay. It is.

We spent five days at my parents then came home, in-laws in tow, and have all been back home together till my father-in-law left this morning and my mother-in-law will be leaving next week. The girls have gotten used to them and have been very happy being held and played with. Of course we've been out a lot and their sleep schedule has gotten totally destroyed. Plus, Bracha has been extra cranky the last 24 hours and I think my MIL was on to something when she said Bracha is probably teething. After all, they're about due for their canines. I guess we'll need to buy more acamoli (baby tylenol) and get used to lots of crying.

Eliana now says water, abba, and mama. The former she knows exactly what it means, the middle I don't think she really understands yet. The latter, however, does not mean mom at all. It means Bamba. Yes, my daughter's second real word, used with total intention and understanding, is Bamba. She kinda uses it for food in general but mostly for Bamba.

Bracha hasn't got any words yet which may be a concern to the doctors as suggested by her physical therapist but I don't want to rush off to the communications clinic just yet. With the exception of crawling, which she did far earlier and much better than her sister, Bracha has taken her own sweet time in reaching each milestone but once she has, she's done it perfectly. I wouldn't be surprised if she's the kind of kid who doesn;t speak till she's two but then her first sentence is, "Mooooooooooom, Eliana hit me on the head, make her stop!"

(Eli does hit her on the head but to be fair, she really is trying to "make nice". She adores her little sister! It's actually a little problematic since the first thing she does when she wakes up is look for Bracha and then start poking at her to get her to wake up and play.)

On, cutest news of all, something I really must try to get on camera: When singing the Hokey Pokey Eli, and sometimes Bracha, too, will actually "turn herself around," without being shown what to do, just by singing the song!!! It's incredible!

No comments: