Monday, August 30, 2010

Awesome day!

Before I begin, let me apologize. I had the camera with me all day but didn't take any pictures. I wasn't trying to be inconsiderate, we were just too busy having a good time for me to think to stop and take pictures instead of being in the moment and enjoying my time with my girls. If this upsets any of you, then come here and share moments with them yourselves! The memories are far better than pictures, anyways.

We started out having a bit of a lazy morning at home. Mondays are family day, something I will miss dearly since I'll soon be going back to work full time and we'll no longer have a family day together. Anyhow, after a slow morning we finally made it out the door and walked towards the pool. The girls have been in small inflatable pools but never in a real one (nor in the ocean, which is Thursday's planned outing!) We had a blast! They were nervous but slowly got used to deeper and deeper water in the kiddie pool and both spent time wearing floaties (thanks, Joey!) in one of the bigger pools. Shawn and I took turns swimming laps in the Olympic-size pool which was really refreshing. I hope we make it back there a few more times.

After that we split with Shawn going to a doctor appointment and the girls and I heading to the mall, where I bought a few surprise toys for the plane ride, things like plastic animals and Play Doh, as well as another pair of floaties an inflatable ring with a seat for the water. They played in the gymboree play area for a while, then we got some dinner and waited for Shawn. When he showed up we grabbed a bus for the zoo and caught the last half hour of a country rock and swing concert taking place on the lawn (the last one of the summer, sad!)

All in all, it was a great day. Kids and parents alike had a total blast. Ahh, summers in Jerusalem!

No comments: