Tuesday, March 24, 2009

5wks

My parents have taken Bracha for the afternoon, leaving only Eliana for me to deal with. It's a nice arrangement, taking care of only one girl lets me rest, get stuff done, and spend some one-on-one time with my daughter.

Shawn is home and is napping with Eliana. I'm waiting for the water to heat so I can grab a shower (a rare luxury these days, it feels). I managed to do some cooking and have a large pan of baked mac and cheese in the oven which I'll divide up into freezable/microwavable containers.

Friday is our Simchat Banot. It would have been at the baby naming but we did that the weekend after the girls were born so we couldn't really have people out to the hospital on Shabbat, plus we were going to do it after my in-laws arrived since we did the naming before they got here. Unfortunately, Bracha didn't come home till after they left and seeing as we weren't going to have a party while she was still in the hospital, my in-laws are missing it.

Edit: Eliana is no longer in bed, she's now in my arms (well, arm) where I am feeding her with my chin (I've gotten really good at it!)

Since the girls already have names, I figure we'll share with people the reasons behind the names we chose and give a Dvar Torah, followed by a festive meal. We should have our new digital camera by then (courtesy of Hadassah Hospital - they have awesome holiday gifts for their employees!) so expect to see photo and video updates of the event.

No comments: