Sunday, March 1, 2009

1wk, 5days

Bracha is making wonderful progress. She's gained 170gr above her birth weight and last night she hit a huge milestone: they moved her out of the incubator! She's now in a bassinet and in the next day or two we'll be able to give her her first bath. She's eating very nicely though is sometimes just too tired to do so, so she still has her feeding tube in. We try to be there to give her at least two meals a day, and most of the nurses are very good about feeding her, at least part of her meals. I'm having some difficulty building up my milk supply but I pump as often as I can and have managed to provide at least a meal a day of breast milk for her.

Meanwhile Eliana is growing very well. We were supposed to have our first well-baby visit today but it's just too nasty to go outside, so we're postponing it for tomorrow...which works nicely since Shawn had to work this morning so he can come with us tomorrow. The clinic is only a couple of blocks away but it'll be my biggest outing yet (not counting drives back and forth to my parents and the hospital, of course). It'll be nice to get some fresh air.

But today we're having a quiet girls day at home. She's been alternating between eating and sleeping, though lately she's been having longer periods of being awake and aware, where she just stares at everything around her. But we were at my parents this weekend and she had a lot of visitors so I think she's a little pooped out today. I've been wearing her and she is very content sleeping against my chest. When she lets me I put her down to sleep and catch a nap myself, but she's really into being held today so I don't know how much more napping we'll get.

I'm still in awe that I get paid to be a full-time mommy. I can see it getting boring and driving me insane over time, but for now it's really, really nice. I love spending time with my girls and I love having my schedule revolve around them (seriously! They're so good about it, too...Eliana slept almost five hours strait last night!!)

1 comment:

Pesky Settler said...

Baruch Hashem, may we only continue to have good news!