Sunday, November 9, 2008

22wks, 6days

Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but I find it absolutely hilarious and really wanted to share it with you all. Thank you baby-gaga for making my day!

From the Sarcastic Journalist (week 22):

There were four words that drove me nuts every time I heard them while pregnant: How do you feel?

I know, I know, seems simple enough. Someone wants to know how you are feeling! How nice! Those words, although simple enough, seem loaded during pregnancy.

How do I feel? HOW DO I FEEL? I’m pregnant, my belly is stretching, I have cravings for peanut butter at 3 o’clock in the morning and my husband has affectionately nicknamed me “Pudgy.” How the heck do you think I feel?

The people who asked me this question always did with such concern. They’d place a hand on my shoulder, lean in and utter those four little words, much like I’d expect a doctor to say “It is malignant” to a patient.

My pregnancy hormones usually had a role in the way I answered. I’d have to bite my tongue not to reply something horrible about how I really felt.

How do I feel? I feel like shoving my foot up your butt if you ask me that stupid question just one more time.

Also, week 22's cartoon:

pregnancy cartoon

1 comment:

Pesky Settler said...

I plan on telling Zach when I go into labor, if he asks me "Are you ok?" I'll most likely kill him.