Thursday, August 23, 2012

General update

The girls are now 3 1/2. So big! Next week they start their second year of gan. They're staying at the same place, we're very happy with it. It's a relief to not have to feel the same anxiety I felt last year at leaving them somewhere new and not being around them all day. It took a while to understand that it's good for them to be with other people who will care for and educate them, with other kids (around) their age, and that it's also okay for me to appreciate all those hours a day that they're out of the house! Now that they've been hope for summer break for a while it's amazing how little I can get done. It'll be nice to have some morning time to myself after they go back.

Which isn't to say I haven't also loved having them around! We've done so much together we actually never once relied on old staples like the zoo or gymboree this entire summer break! Yesterday the whole family went to the amusement park in Tel Aviv (see two posts ago) and last week we tried to go to the beach but Bracha was sick so Shawn stayed home with her while Eli and I went (she slept through the actual beach part but still had lots of fun visiting Uncle Joey and Doda Rona and riding them train with Ima).

They're also such amazing walkers! We took them to the annual international arts festival. Chutzot Hayotzer, with no stroller and they made it through the whole night! Earlier this week they were at my office for a visit and afterwards we walked all the way to Emek Refaim!

I'll post some pictures soon.

No comments: