Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just about 9 months

I write this as Bracha is asleep beside me in the car seat and Eli is asleep while strapped to my chest in the Ergo carrier. Happy awake babies rock, but so do sleeping ones!

This past Shabbat Shawn and I had two of the most peaceful meals imaginable. How did we do it, you ask? Easy, we let the girls in on the fun!

Both girls were in their high chairs and pulled right up to the table (we didn't even bother using the high chair trays). As we ate, so did they. Boy did they eat, and boy did they make a mess!!!

For dinner they each had puffed wheat crackers, a chunk of bagel each, and carrot kugel. For lunch they had the same plus vegetables from Friday night's soup and roasted sweet potatoes. I have no idea how much they actually ate because the food ended up everywhere! Eliana's eyelashes housed pieces of sweet potato, bread crumbs were stuck behind her ears, Bracha had kugel up her nose...I don't know if it was eating so much as finger painting with solids, really, but it was fun, entertaining, and kept them occupied long enough for Shawn and I to have two peaceful meals. Shame it was on Shabbat so there are no pictures. But rest assured, there will be more meals like that in the future.

1 comment:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!