Monday, July 6, 2009

19wks, 6days

Both girls had reactions to the shot, which they've never had before. They had their first taste of Acamoli (baby Tylenol) which Bracha quite enjoyed. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Eliana. But we're five days past and all is back to normal.

They're really been quite awesome lately. They're on very much the same schedule but neither demand an instant feeding unless they're really hungry which means, while they'd be happy to eat at the same time if Shawn and I are both home or if I do a double feeding, they're also fine waiting their turns. I really prefer feeding one at a time to get more cuddle time in with her, but I've also been known to simultaneously feed two daughters and myself while reading a book, so that's no biggie.

It's kinda frustrating to have gotten this whole parent-of-multiples+homemaker thing down so close to the end of my maternity leave. Right now I've got two wide awake happy-as-clams daughters, a load of laundry in the machine and dinner in mid-preparation. I wonder if it'll be any harder to manage all this when back at work. Thankfully I'm only going back two days a week. I wonder if the reason I have not yet really found myself professionally is that perhaps I am meant to be a SAHM. I love being with my children. When I have the energy, I even love taking care of the house (yes, even cleaning...sometimes). I doubt we could ever afford me to stay at home full-time, but I'm grateful that for now at least don't have to worry about working more than part-time.

Video of Eliana laughing soon to come!!

No comments: